Photography Competition 2021 "Exploring new dimensions"
Does a photo of hands holding hands truly portray modern palliative care? What image says palliative care to you?
In 2019 at the EAPC world congress in Berlin, the EAPC launched a competition to find images that would help to change conversations about palliative care.
Winning photo 2021
Joana Ribeiro, UK: Palliative care is not just holding hands, but love is.
Terms and conditions for participation
- This international Photography Competition is organized by the Scientific Committee of the EAPC World Congress 2021. The theme is “Exploring new dimensions” – Help us get re-energised – show us exciting innovations and progress from within the palliative care community, as well as from the wider services and communities with whom we work.
- The final selection of the winning images will be made by a judging panel. The legal process is excluded. The judging panel selects what they perceive as the most beautiful motifs and awards prizes. All award winners will receive a message via e-mail.
- Up to a total of two self-recorded digital photos, in which the participants have unrestricted copyright and usage rights and whose motives do not contradict the legal regulations of the country of origin, legal provisions of the European Union or the personality rights of mapped persons, can be uploaded until July 31, 2021. If possible, the images should be uploaded in full resolution with a maximum file size of 8 megabytes (MB). Permissible file format is .jpg or .png. The photos should contain neither watermark nor signet.
- The organizer of the competition reserves the right to delete pictures that deviate in any way from the thematic guidelines. No notification of such deletions will be sent.
- By entering the competition, the participant grants the organizer an irrevocable, simple, unlimited right of use to the uploaded photo (s) for his / her public relations work. This includes the possibility of publication, duplication, reproduction and distribution for the purpose of self-promotion and self-expression. This is done solely in connection with the competition and in the following communication in which the participant has taken part. This permission includes the use of the submitted photos for a) the presentation in exhibitions, b) the publication on the internet and in social networks, c) the inclusion in other publications, also publications by third parties in press reports, d) the preparation of a calendar.
- By participating, the participant confirms that he is the author of the uploaded images and thus has full rights to use the photos. The participant further confirms that the photos uploaded by him are free of third party rights; in particular, that all identifiable persons depicted agree with the aforementioned uses and that the property rights of third parties are not violated by these uses. The participant releases the organizer against any claims of third parties.
- The participant agrees that his/her name is mentioned as the author.
- For the publication of photos under the conditions of publication no fees and no remuneration are paid.
- By uploading the photos, the participant agrees to the conditions of participation. The legal process is excluded.